Hello, Dear Visitor and welcome to our website.
We are a happy bunch of writers based in Burnley, Lancashire.
As you can probably tell, we enjoy writing. Our meetings are friendly and fun, with a varied and interesting programme, but we do have an underlying professional attitude, We are constantly developing our writing skills, we give useful feedback and suggestions and we seek publication. For us, writing isn’t just a hobby – it’s a way of life.
We are not just a social group, we are friends and we’d love to include you in our circle, so come along one evening and join us. We meet at the Woodman Inn, Todmorden Road, Burnley, BB11 3EX every Monday evening from 8-10 p.m.
CREATE YOUR LIFE BOOK IN 10 EASY STEPS
Are you bored during this strange Corona Virus time? Here is one suggestion by a Pennine Ink member – Dave Hall. ‘Create your life book in 10 easy steps.’
- Are you old enough to be isolated by the coronavirus for some months? Then you’re old enough to have memories to enrich the lives of your children and their children and their children.
- And, due to the ban on movement, you now have the time to capture it all.
- Perhaps you’ve had the experience of sharing the odd anecdote from your past with a young family member. And seen their interest and even amazement. Now is the time to put it into one volume – with no need to pay to have it published.
- Today’s youngsters – and those that follow – will love to know what you did at school, the games you played and the home you lived in. How you got your first job. What life was like before computers and when television had three channels in black and white.
- See https://afterworknet.com/time-on-your-hands-create-your-life-book-with-these-10-easy-steps/
ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARTY
Monday, 16th December 2019 was the time for our annual Christmas ‘do’. We meet at the Woodman Inn, Todmorden Road, Burnley where we enjoyed an EXCELLENT meal. Linda, the manager of the Woodman made sure everything wsa perfect and that we had a good time.
These photos were taken using the camera on my phone. They are rather blurred and are too bad to be sharpened even using photoshop. That could be a result of the camera having drunk too much wine. But I think it is more likely to have been down to me the photographer!!!
First picture – we’ve finished all our lovely food and moved on to coffee
Second picture – Alex, our Editor, in his wonderful Christmas jumper presenting Linda with some flowers. They were just a small token to show our appreciation for everything she does for us, not only at Christmas but throughout the year.
BURNLEY LITERARY FESTIVAL – 4TH, 5TH AND 6TH OCTOBER 2019
Some of the members of the Pennine Ink Writers at our stall in the Burnley Market Hall on the 5th October selling current and past editions of our magazine.
We also had a half hour slot on the Author Stage where we read some of our poetry, short stories and a song from Alex.