1. The competition is for a fictional short story of up to 500 words using the picture featured as your inspiration. Interpret this any way you wish.
2. Entries should be typed on A4, font size 12 in Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri or similar. Double spaced and page numbered with the title on each page.
3. All entries must be the original work of the Author and must not have been published before the date of submission.
4. The Author’s name must not appear as a title or in the body of any page, other than the author information page.
5. Unfortunately we are unable to consider any entries received after the closing date.
6. Stories which include offensive or discriminatory language or gratuitous profanity will be eliminated. On this issue, the editor’s decision is final.
7. Pease keep a copy of your entry as manuscripts cannot be returned.
8. Entries will be judged anonymously. The judges’ view is final and we will not enter into any correspondence in connection with the award of the prizes.
9. The Prize Winning Story will be published in the next edition of Pennine Ink magazine.
10. Entering the competition gives Pennine Ink the once only permission to publish the story in the magazine. Copyright remains with the author.
11. Receipt of all email entries will be acknowledged.
12. The competition is for adults aged 18 and over.
13. Closing date – 1st July 2020.
Shortlist – 28th August 2020.
Winner announced – 1st September 2020.
14. The winner will receive a prize of £50 plus publication in the current magazine. They will also receive a free copy of that magazine.
The runner-up and the third placed story will receive a special mention on our web site.
Email entries – Preferred method:
Entries by email should pay the appropriate fee using the button below before sending the entry to:-
On the subject line please put ‘your story title’. In the body of the email please include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your postal address, including postcode.
- Your contact telephone number.
- Your paypal reference number.
£3 for one entry
£5 for two entries
Add your story as a file attachment (word document preferred). Please don’t forget this step.
We will accept entries by post, although email is preferred.
The postal entry should be accompanied by a separate single author information page containing your name, postal address, email address (if you have one), telephone number and a cheque for £3 or £5 payable to Pennine Ink.
Send your entries to:
Pennine Ink 2019 Competition Entry
1 Neptune Street, Burnley, Lancashire BB11 1SF
Any queries – email Barbara McHallam at email@example.com.
Good luck and thanks for entering our competition.
We never have and never will divulge author information to anyone without specific permission from the author.